Re: proposal to discuss forking of OpenERP GTK client

2012-10-15 17:34, Fabien Pinckaers skrev:
In this context, can you elaborate on the future of the XMLRPC
interface, also but not exclusively regarding backwards compatibility
and thus stability towards external programs?
We have no plans to change anything in the XML-RPC interface which is
good as it's very simple.

This is not a related question. We can move to the web UI and keep
supporting XML-RPC.

Well, you have made your point ditching the GTK-client telling us upon question you will not. I don't think any one believes we will have a consistent XML-RPC interface (or any complete api) any more. As long as there are no effort made for neighter second client, nor a api-library its just empty promises. The only way you can convince customers and community are by doing. Promises and plans are one thing, but delivering are what counts. This is the end of OpenERP as the strong universal platform it has been and the beginning of a new era as just another boring ERP-system on the web. The web client has made Fabian blind for strong features that really matters.

Regards,

Anders Wallenquist