Re: Problem with recreating standard-data

On 10/16/2012 10:05 AM, Marvin Hass wrote:
> ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: base.ad
> 2012-10-16 06:58:00,734 5905 ERROR max_61 openerp.netsvc: No such
> external ID currently defined in the system: base.ad
>
> If you want to generate this error -> follow this steps:
> 1. I deleted all countries from res.country (which are not important for
> my busseness)
> 2. I added Andorra (code = ad) to res.country
> 3. Start the server with --update=all

The question is: why did you delete Andorra to recreate it later?
The list of countries is part of the base data of OpenERP, and several things
depend on it (similarly to the list of currencies). That's why the system will
try to re-create it at each update. You should not delete them, especially to
recreate conflicting countries afterwards.

If the size of the list really bothers you, look into alternative
customizations, like setting a default value for the country field and then
hiding it from the view, or adding a custom filter on these fields to only let
Andorra appear (this requires some knowledge in OpenERP customization).

> I think it is a big issue! If i delete standard-data and recreate the
> entry i'm not able to update my system anymore!

Well this is the expected behavior, and only happens because each country is
(fortunately!) required to be unique, and the list of countries is part of the
base data of the system, re-created at each update.
You should be able to fix your problem by deleting the Andorra record you
manually created, then performing the update again, to let the system re-create
the countries. If you can't delete your Andorra record because many documents
reference it already, you could rename it or (harder) manually create an
'ir.model.data' entry to make the system believe this is the original 'Andorra'
record. Ask for more details if you don't know how to do this.

Hope this helps..