Re: Problem with recreating standard-data

The question is: why did you delete Andorra to recreate it later?

Why not? I'm able to delete the objects without a warning! On the other
hand -> what should i tell customers (as an OpenERP-Partner)? 'It's not
recommended to delete some standard-data (which are not documentated) in
OpenERP because we aren't able to update the server without problems'.

I understand that deleting countries not typical but the problem is
present on every object which is created while a moduleinstallation.

We have the same problem with the pricelists! Costumers create his own
pricelist and deletes the old ones.

Kind regards,

Marvin Hass

Am 16.10.2012 10:24, schrieb Olivier Dony:
> On 10/16/2012 10:05 AM, Marvin Hass wrote:
>> ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system:
>> base.ad 2012-10-16 06:58:00,734 5905 ERROR max_61 openerp.netsvc:
>> No such external ID currently defined in the system: base.ad
>>
>> If you want to generate this error -> follow this steps: 1. I
>> deleted all countries from res.country (which are not important
>> for my busseness) 2. I added Andorra (code = ad) to res.country
>> 3. Start the server with --update=all
>
> The question is: why did you delete Andorra to recreate it later?
> The list of countries is part of the base data of OpenERP, and
> several
things
> depend on it (similarly to the list of currencies). That's why the
system will
> try to re-create it at each update. You should not delete them,
especially to
> recreate conflicting countries afterwards.
>
> If the size of the list really bothers you, look into alternative
> customizations, like setting a default value for the country field
> and
then
> hiding it from the view, or adding a custom filter on these fields
only let
> Andorra appear (this requires some knowledge in OpenERP
> customization).
>

>> I think it is a big issue! If i delete standard-data and recreate
>> the entry i'm not able to update my system anymore!
>
> Well this is the expected behavior, and only happens because each
country is
> (fortunately!) required to be unique, and the list of countries is
part of the
> base data of the system, re-created at each update. You should be
> able to fix your problem by deleting the Andorra record you
> manually created, then performing the update again, to let the
> system
re-create
> the countries. If you can't delete your Andorra record because
> many
documents
> reference it already, you could rename it or (harder) manually
> create an 'ir.model.data' entry to make the system believe this is
> the original
'Andorra'