Re: Point of Sale hardware

On 11/06/2012 03:49 PM, Alan Bell wrote:
So my questions now are as follows: have I understood this right?

Yes, that's pretty much the idea. The proxy running on the local system could be anything, but having OpenERP installed with a POS module that supports the hardware would be a relatively simple solution (you would not need any database configured, just the OpenERP server running)

is there any documentation I should be looking at rather than reading the code?

I don't think there is any documentation about it yet, so your best source of information is the code right now.

Has anyone got a PointOfSaleController class that drives real hardware?

We plan to publish an example implementation, but probably only in a few months. Not sure if anyone else has got a working proof-of-concept yet, so please post yours if you actually write one... that will be quite useful for the community!