New Community Organization for OpenERP

Dear Community,

We recently talked about joining our efforts to develop new OpenERP modules. For that purpose, we decided to create on Launchpad new projects sorted by topic with new teams to manage them.

The goals are:
To get rid of the big extra-addons branch
To join efforts on the same topic in order to avoid too many modules for a same feature
To become more aware of the developments that have been done by others
To start working with merge proposal between us
To improve the quality of our code

Camptocamp took time to create missing projects and their respective teams on Launchpad. When possible, we tried to reuse the existing ones. All listed projects provide a short description of the kind of modules you can find/merge into.

We do welcome you on board to join our efforts ! In order to add your own modules in the appropriate project, we suggest “merge proposals”. Depending on the volume, we might need some time at the beginning to review everything. We therefore want to thank you all in advance for your patience during this transition period. In some of these projects, we still need to push a branch on the existing series since we still need to extract our work.

For all of these projects, the rules we expect you to adhere to and respect are:

No company-related prefix or suffix in the module names (like c2c-account-something);
Always make merge proposal for any bugfix or improvement so that everyone can take note of it and eventually ask for a different approach;
Nobody merge his/her own work into the branch. Another member of the team must do it. Exceptions may be accepted if the merge proposal has been strongly approved by the rest of the team;
If your module doesn’t fit into any of the available projects, or you found no related team, please post a request on the framework expert mailing list so that we can create an specific one for you (openerp-expert-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx);
When at least one of your modules has been approved in the branch, you may ask to be part of the team. If you are not part of the team, you can still contribute to the project through merge proposal;
Use the available teams according to their topics (it means that you always need to attribute a new project to these teams, so to avoid having hundreds of them). The existing ones are:
Accounting Addons
https://launchpad.net/~account-core-editors
Accounting and Financial Reports Addons
https://launchpad.net/~account-report-core-editor
Account Payment Addons
https://launchpad.net/~account-payment-team
Banking Addons
https://launchpad.net/~banking-addons-team
E-commerce addons
https://launchpad.net/~ecommerce-addons-core-editors
Stock and Logistic Addons
https://launchpad.net/~stock-logistic-core-editors
Contract Management Addons
https://launchpad.net/~contract-management-core-editors
Department Management Addons
https://launchpad.net/~department-core-editors
HR Addons
https://launchpad.net/~hr-core-editors
Margin Analysis Addons
https://launchpad.net/~margin-analysis-core-editors
Partner and Contact Addons
https://launchpad.net/~partner-contact-core-editors
Product Related Addons
https://launchpad.net/~product-core-editors
Project Addons
https://launchpad.net/~project-core-editors
Purchase Addons
https://launchpad.net/~purchase-core-editors
Sale Addons
https://launchpad.net/~sale-core-editors
Server Environment and Tools Addons
https://launchpad.net/~server-env-tools-core-editors
Webkit Utils Addons
https://launchpad.net/~webkit-utils-core-editors
Report Printing and Sending Addons
https://launchpad.net/report-print-send

Should you have any suggestions related to the above rules, please feel free to post them on the framework expert mailing list.

Note that there is still missing documentation in the official OpenERP doc on all of the following branches: https://code.launchpad.net/openobject-doc
Should anyone want to take time to add this information, it would be greatly appreciated as I’m running out of time to organize and manage this transition...

Hope you’ll enjoy !

The list of the official community projects/topics can be found under this project group: https://launchpad.net/openobject.
Some of them are waiting on their owner to bring some modifications so they can fit into other projects (changing team, series,...). Should you be one of these owners, please inform us when ready. They may refuse to open them to the community as well, in that case, we’ll create another project.

Stock and Logistic Barcode
https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-barcode
Stock and Logistic Warehouse
https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-warehouse
Stock and Logistic Tracking
https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-tracking
Stock and Logistic Flows
https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-flows
Stock and Logistic - Reports
https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-report
Carriers And Deliveries Management
https://launchpad.net/carriers-deliveries
Banking Addons
https://launchpad.net/banking-addons
Contact and Partner Management
https://launchpad.net/partner-contact-management
Purchase - Workflow and Organization
https://launchpad.net/purchase-wkfl
Purchase - Financial Controlling
https://launchpad.net/purchase-financial
Purchase - Reports
https://launchpad.net/purchase-report
Sales - Financial Controlling
https://launchpad.net/sale-financial
Sales - Workflow and Organization
https://launchpad.net/sale-wkfl
Sales - Reports
https://launchpad.net/sale-reports
Product - Kitting Management
https://launchpad.net/product-kitting
Account - Financial Report
https://launchpad.net/account-financial-report
Account - Analytic Accounting
https://launchpad.net/account-analytic
Account - Budgeting
https://launchpad.net/account-budgeting
Account - Invoicing Reports
https://launchpad.net/account-invoice-report
Account Payment Addons
https://launchpad.net/account-payment
Account - Closing
https://launchpad.net/account-closing
Account - Consolidation
https://launchpad.net/account-consolidation
Account - Financial Tools
https://launchpad.net/account-financial-tools
Account - Invoicing
https://launchpad.net/account-invoicing
Contract management
https://launchpad.net/contract-management
OpenERP Fiscal Rule (waiting on the owner of the project)
https://launchpad.net/openerp-fiscal-rules
Margin Analysis
https://launchpad.net/margin-analysis
Project Management - Invoicing and Reporting
https://launchpad.net/project-reporting
Project Management - Services
https://launchpad.net/project-service
HR - Timesheet Management
https://launchpad.net/hr-timesheet
Department Management
https://launchpad.net/department-mgmt
Server Environment And Tools
https://launchpad.net/server-env-tools
Webkit Utils
https://launchpad.net/webkit-utils
E-Commerce addons (waiting on the owner of the project)
https://launchpad.net/e-commerce-addons
Report - Printing and Sending
https://launchpad.net/report-print-send

Best regards,

Joël Grand-Guillaume for Camptocamp’s Business Solutions team

--

Joël Grand-Guillaume
Division Manager

Camptocamp SA