Re: New Community Organization for OpenERP (+GTK)

On vr 23-nov-2012 10:30
Houssine BAKKALI <houssine.bakkali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think this should be first discussed inside the community to see who
>and if it will be enough people willing to maintain the GTK.
>

>As Fabien said it needs five full time people to maintain the GTK so
>you better know who want take this commitement under his name...

I don't think it needs 5 people fulltime to maintain the GTK client. I
very much doubt it ever had that allocation in the past, but alas. My
assessment would be closer to 1 fulltime developer equivalent.

The real message there, in my opinion, is the clear statement of
OpenERP they don't want to spent any time and resources on it anymore.

Although I like having the choice in deployment, the main editor not
formally supporting the GTK client is a risk.

marcel
--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf
HS-Development BV    -- http://www.hsdev.com