Van:
openerp-community-bounces+eric.christensen=noviat.be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openerp-community-bounces+eric.christensen=noviat.be@lists.launchpad
.net] Namens Normunds Vilcans
Verzonden: maandag 3 december 2012 14:45
Aan: OpenERP Community
Onderwerp: [Openerp-community] company address design in ver. 7.0.

Hello!

They changed the whole design again.
It seems, that previous design was not good enough for B2C, and somebody
argued that too complex (may agree on that).

But just simple use case revealed substantial problems in new approach.

If we want to define a new location for a Partner e.g. warehouse, we should
create a separate  Contact for each Partner's location now.
This leads to multiple similar partner entries in database, what leads to a
mess in partners database, for example if you have over 1000 partners and
accounting mess.

Example is demo db: Agrolait (is company checked)
Define for them Warehouse (contact, is company not checked, address type set
Delivery).
then define Warehouse 2 , then more locations.

At the end you will have in your partners database a lot of Agrolait
(Partners/Contacts)
Agrolait
Warehouse (Agrolait) (cause linked to Agrolait )
Office (Agrolait)
Shop (Agrolait)
Main Office (Agrolait)
Main Office (Other BIG company)
Warehouse (Axelor)
Axelor itself etc.

The funniest thing is at the end:
Your Sales manager can directly issue an invoice for your partner's Shop
(Agrolait) or your partners warehouse Warehouse (Agrolait).
Of course, this will be reflected in accounting too, lets say in "Aged Trial
Balance". Not expected?
Or you can issue a separate VAT declaration for your customer's "Body Shop"
in Brussels... one for customer an another for it's shop.

I would like to hear some comments from community  regarding this.

Additional question to OpenERP S.A. : do you make any functional research at
all, before making such a big changes?

--

Normunds Vilcans
Alistek, SIA