Re: company address design in ver. 7.0.

Hello,

This is a big deal of troubles... No answer yet, but we/they need to find a way. Same mess with invoice reconciliation... Make a SO, choose a partner A (company checked) as SO's partner, partner B as an invoice address, then you cannot reconcile both. Payment will have to be made by partner B, which is obviously not the case, the company will pay, not the contact !

We had a talk with OpenERP on that.. No answer yet :(

Regards,

Le 3 déc. 2012 à 14:44, Normunds Vilcans <normunds.vilcans@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> They changed the whole design again.
> It seems, that previous design was not good enough for B2C, and somebody argued that too complex (may agree on that).
>
> But just simple use case revealed substantial problems in new approach.
>
> If we want to define a new location for a Partner e.g. warehouse, we should create a separate  Contact for each Partner's location now.
> This leads to multiple similar partner entries in database, what leads to a mess in partners database, for example if you have over 1000 partners and accounting mess.
>
> Example is demo db: Agrolait (is company checked)
> Define for them Warehouse (contact, is company not checked, address type set Delivery).
> then define Warehouse 2 , then more locations.
>
> At the end you will have in your partners database a lot of Agrolait (Partners/Contacts)
> Agrolait
> Warehouse (Agrolait) (cause linked to Agrolait )
> Office (Agrolait)
> Shop (Agrolait)
> Main Office (Agrolait)
> Main Office (Other BIG company)
> Warehouse (Axelor)
> Axelor itself etc.
>
> The funniest thing is at the end:
> Your Sales manager can directly issue an invoice for your partner's Shop (Agrolait) or your partners warehouse Warehouse (Agrolait).
> Of course, this will be reflected in accounting too, lets say in "Aged Trial Balance". Not expected?
> Or you can issue a separate VAT declaration for your customer's "Body Shop" in Brussels... one for customer an another for it's shop.
>

> I would like to hear some comments from community  regarding this.
>
> Additional question to OpenERP S.A. : do you make any functional research at all, before making such a big changes?
>

> --
> Normunds Vilcans
> Alistek, SIA
> Tel: +371 67964296
> Fax: +371 67964296
> Mob: +371 29721272
> <alistek_logo.jpg><="" tr="" border="0" align="left">

Joël Grand-Guillaume
Division Manager
Business Solutions

Camptocamp SA