From: openerp-community-bounces+fhe=openerp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openerp-community-bounces+fhe=openerp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fabien Pinckaers
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:30 AM
To: openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openerp-community] company address design in ver. 7.0.

Hello,

It's quite easy to add a relationship between contacts to simulate the features of base_contact on v7. Or to allow several level of parents instead of only one. (as the structure is already a real tree structure)

We already promised such a module to some OpenERP Enterprise customers using base_contact, so we will develop it in a few months, when they will need to migrate.

> On the other hand, it is often confusing for customers how to work
> with these advanced address relation systems.

Yes, one could argue that it is an important feature to have several addresses for one partner but when we started to analyse how customers REALLY use the v6.1 contact mechanism, we noticed that often, if it existed several addresses for a partner, the users still created several partners. (instead of several address for the same partner)

And, when doing lambda tests, the users did not understood the differences between partner, address and contact.

With v7.0, all our lambda user tests says the same; it's crystal clear.

And I don't even talked about the mess of all the modules (base_contact_crm, base_contact_sale, ...)

> This is a big deal of troubles... No answer yet, but we/they need to
> find a way. Same mess with invoice reconciliation... Make a SO, choose
> a partner A (company checked) as SO's partner, partner B as an invoice
> address, then you cannot reconcile both. Payment will have to be made
> by partner B, which is obviously not the case, the company will pay,
> not the contact !

It's already done/fixed in trunk. It has been fixed by QDP 2 weeks ago, following the advice of Luc. The journal items are at the name of the company, not the person.

On 12/04/2012 04:10 PM, Geert Surkijn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages. We have
> adjusted our addons in preparation for 7.0 and in the beginning there
> was some doubt about it, but now we like it. The possibility to make
> sales to consumers is a plus. In our examples however, we miss the
> possibility to connect one contact to several Companies. On the other
> hand, it is often confusing for customers how to work with these
> advanced address relation systems.
>
> So from the customer's point of view we are not that negative towards
> these changes...

>>> Agrolait
>>> Warehouse (Agrolait) (cause linked to Agrolait ) Office (Agrolait)
>>> Shop (Agrolait) Main Office (Agrolait) Main Office (Other BIG
>>> company) Warehouse (Axelor) Axelor itself etc.
>>>
>>> The funniest thing is at the end:
>>> Your Sales manager can directly issue an invoice for your partner's
>>> Shop (Agrolait) or your partners warehouse Warehouse (Agrolait).
>>> Of course, this will be reflected in accounting too, lets say in
>>> "Aged Trial Balance". Not expected?
>>> Or you can issue a separate VAT declaration for your customer's
>>> "Body Shop" in Brussels... one for customer an another for it's shop.
>>>

>>> I would like to hear some comments from community  regarding this.
>>>
>>> Additional question to OpenERP S.A. : do you make any functional
>>> research at all, before making such a big changes?
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Normunds Vilcans
>>> Alistek, SIA
>>> Tel: +371 67964296
>>> Fax: +371 67964296
>>> Mob: +371 29721272
>>>
>>> <alistek_logo.jpg><="" tr="" border="0" align="left">
>>
>> --
>>

>> *Joėl Grand-Guillaume** *
>>
>> *Division Manager*
>> *Business Solutions*