From: Ovnicraft [mailto:ovnicraft@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:50 PM
To: Fabrice Henrion
Cc: Samir Mishra; openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openerp-community] OpenERP on Solaris

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Fabrice Henrion <fhe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Samir,

As a matter of fact, we helped a company install OpenERP on Solaris this week. Hence, I can give you a definitive ‘Yes’ about the feasibility of this.

They took care of making sure that all the python dependencies were installed. But at server start, we got an error message with the DB because their install of Solaris had Postgres installed by default in an encoding and locale that is not supported by OpenERP. We then reinstalled a fresh Postgres in UTF-8 and it solved that problem.

Hello Fabrice, psutils library was solved too  ? http://code.google.com/p/psutil/ site dont report works in solaris but would be good gives some feedback.

Regards,

Best,

__
Fabrice Henrion
Director of Business Development Americas

OpenERP Inc.
260 Main Street – Suite 203
Redwood City, CA 94063
Tel: +1 (650) 307-6736 <tel:%2B1%20%28650%29%20307-6736>

 <http://www.openerp.com/> http://www.openerp.com