Re: Performance of base_import/new load implemetation

Im having the same problem here, I was importing ~23000 products and I had
to wait like 1 hour, when finally finished the importation I tried a search
on the search field of the product tree view and just moving the cursor to
hover the shearch box delayed to switch between the little arrow cursor to
the text typing cursor icon, then when I tried to type the search keywords
things got worst, the search went really slow Im running on a PC: Intel i7
3.4Ghz, 8Gb RAM, ubuntu 12.04 64bit on 3.2.0-35 Kernel on a SSD drive

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Fabien Pinckaers <fp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you have any idea of the reason for this? Fyi, we changed the import
> method as well as the fields on partners and products in v7.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 17 Jan 2013, at 08:18, Peter Niederlag <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > importing ~2.000 partners or 1.200 products via xml-rpc/load or via
> > web-interface(base_import) I see quite a huge loss in performance on 7.0.
> >
> > Importing this amount of records seems like a very basic task. It now
> > takes between 10 and 30 minutes each.
> >
> > How do you get along with the performance of import (new load api)?
> > Is there any work undergoing for optimisation or does anyone have tips
> > to speedup the import?
> >
> > Due to the ease of the import format(inherits, relations) I'd really
> > like to stick with it. I know switching to plain sql would perform
> > better but requires a lot more pre-processing and precautions.
> >
> > Thx for any feedback,
> > Peter Niederlag

Ing. Oscar Alcalá Rivera
*312-107-1704* · ozckar@xxxxxxxxx

Paseo de Bugambilias 251 · Villa de alvarez, Colima, CP 28978
Tlf: *3123111122*

*Open Source Enthusiast*
     [image: twitter] <http://twitter.com/oscarolar> [image:
linkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/oscar-alcal%C3%A1/3b/a79/922>
   [image: Google+] <http://plus.google.com/107659954580035981067/posts>

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente