Re: OpenERP: Partners Collaboration Model

On 01/30/2013 11:51 AM, Nabil Majoul wrote:
Hello,
Thank you all for your answers.
It does clarify  things.
i understand that it's everyone choice to share or not share with the community but my question was also about how we can leverage and also remunerate each other developments:
Partner A develops an Insurance Module that he is not willing to share
Partner B would like to use that Module for one of his customers.

My understanding is that this will lead to a one to one negociation between A and B...But is there practices established ? is there an interest to establish some rules or a framework for this kind of collaboration?

Hi Nabil,

sharing private modules is a license violation, even under the Private Use exception of the Enterprice contract:

"""
OpenERP Enterprise users are allowed to ask for a special License called the "OpenERP AGPL + Private use <http://v6.openerp.com/legal>". This is the original open source AGPL License with one additional permission: an exception to section 13 of the AGPL, allowing to make private modules without having to give the corresponding source to the users, as long as the modules are kept private and not distributed to third parties.

This extra "permissive term" is automatically removed as soon as the private module is distributed, keeping the spirit of Section 7 of the AGPL.
"""

So due to the nature of the licence of OpenERP and its modules, there cannot be a market place for closed modules.

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan