Re: OpenERP: Partners Collaboration Model

So do I.

Moreover, one thing had never been been discussed : One of the best thing with free (as in free beer) modules is the power of experiments.

Now I can try many modules as i want to and find out which ones are fitting my needs the better. Then buy a service.

cheers,
Rodrigue

On 2013-02-08 14:27, Stefan Rijnhart wrote:
Hi,

 we at Therp agree with Eric and Raphael on this topic.

 Cheers,
 Stefan.

 On 02/08/2013 02:19 PM, Juan Cristobal Lopez Arrieta wrote:

I agree 100% with Eric's opinion.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Eric Caudal <eric.caudal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My 2 cts:
- OpenERP has no business model on selling the code. If you want to sell code, choose another ERP. Opensource allows the copy: don't bother in complaining about people doing it! - A localization is partly a setup/partly code (some wizard)/partly the capacity for the integrator to explain it to the customer. You could protect the 1st part or the last part (your procedures) but for the rest... - Companies hire my services so that I can help them either setup current OpenERP code or patch it/create new functionalities. Even if functionalities are similar between companies, they continue hiring us because we help them find innovative solutions (and every company has its own needs/tricks/specificities that justify it.
- paid apps will never work if it is based on code
- paid apps could work if it is linked to a service or added feature which is not AGPL code (for example an EDI network or a membership or a SaaS service or an Android app etc). - Still a voluntary fee (donation with a percentage to the hoster) could be a solution for some people/situations ("you liked it, please help me"). I would personally not rely on it as a company.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl [1]
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan [2]