Re: [Openerp-community-reviewer] Proposal for a community backports project

Dear Niels,

I think you may be misunderstood us there. We already making as you said: trying to push a fix by reporting it to the editor. This is done through LP bug report, merge proposal or through OPW depending on the case. If this not succeed for various reasons or take too much time, we do maintain our own branch of OpenERP and we merge all our suggested fix there. This branch is shared between our customers and maintained by our-self.

What is suggested by Stefan here (or this is what I understood) is to share between us all a branch of the official one that include all those fixes. All of them will refer to a bug report (and MP) on LP. This is a way to have branch that include all fixes that we (as a community) think are mandatory. Obviously, we will always report them to OpenERP and try to have them merge in the core ! Then, we'll merge it into ours.

What is true is that it'll take time and that was my point...vHope it clarify the subject here...

Regards,

Joël

--

Camptocamp
Innovative Solutions by Open Source Experts

Joël Grand-Guillaume
Division Manager - Business Solutions

www.camptocamp.com