How should we proceed with "Deprecated" 6.1 version of OpenERP

Hi,

It is time that we, as a community, start defining how we will keep 6.1
alive and moving forward.  After all, it is the most recent "real life
proven"  version available right now, as V7+ is only good for "SorrySAP
Fantasy Land" and taking your lunch orders...

Don't get me wrong, I like many improvements on v7, but it will take one or
two years to be able to use it for real ERP environments (it IS an ERP
after all, isn't it ?? )

So....  how should we proceed to keep 6.1 working in the mean time ??

OpenERP S.A. already "deprecated"  6.1 series on LP (now they are back but
it is not clear for how long...)

Many bug fixes are being only applied to 7.0+

Even with OPW, it seems bug fixes are not being aplied on 6.1, as you can
read on
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/6.1-opw-581633-rgo/+merge/134877

When (not if) the 6.1 series are finally removed by S.A., how could we
continue to report bugs and fixes ?

Last time I checked OCB community branches are only created for 7.0, and
besides the policy is that bugs should be opened on "official branches"
before being considered for inclusion on the community ones...

I am tired and frustrated of reporting bugs on LP, and see them at most
fixed for trunk...

Please, share your thoughts !!!

Regards,
-Mario