Re: Merge delay time for proposals on community projects

On 06/13/2013 11:26 AM, Nicolas Bessi wrote:
Hello,

Error is human. I agree we should wait a minimum time before committing in order to have an optimal number of review.
(Emergency case excepted like critical security flow or server crashing error).

Having three review on the same MP can be quite difficult the reviewer number is not that big, but at midterm it seems to be a reasonable value, I'm OK with that.
For normal complexity fix 5 day seems hard to be sustainable in term of business. I will suggest three working days.

With regards to business practice, we often run our proposals in production from the day that we propose them by juggling branches and manual merges on the customers' setups. Unless we do a development sprint on a certain project with many concurrent proposals, that rarely leads to problems and to deal with those cases, we switch to a temporary branch that contain all our unmerged changes.

The number of reviewers is a problem anyway: the average age of proposals is currently around a month.

Cheers,
Stefan.