Re: Improvements for inventories, shall I target trunk? (Re: WMS feedback)

Dear Lionel,

I'm taking just some line to give my opinion here (and only mine). The
refactoring of the stock will take time and lots of things will probably
change. It's not planned currently that a "so advanced" feature lands in
the core in the first place.

I think the best way to go will be to wait for the devs to be released in
trunk, then adapt your devs. At that point, we'll see if we can embed yours
in the core, and if not, we'll be happy to take care of it in the stock
community modules. What do you think ?

Regards,

Joël

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM, "Lionel Sausin, de la part de l'équipe
informatique Numérigraphe" <informatique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Dear Fabien,
> One more question please?
> We're just developed modules to help us manage our annual physical
> inventory (6 levels of nested locations, 4000 product refs + prodlots).
> Those improvements are generic and useful for medium/complex warehouse
> setups.
> My initial plan was to propose our modules for adoption by the community
> project "Stock and Logistics".
> Should I target adoption into the trunk instead ?
> I hope to have a version ported to v7.0 before September.
>
> Features we developed that are still missing from trunk:
> - structured inventory composed of sub-inventories (let each zone manager
> enter the inventory of their products)
> - link inventory with locations to make sure :
>     - no location is forgotten in the inventory
>     - no stock move is recorded during the inventory
>     - counting sheets can be printed easily (locations are ordered, empty
> locations are counted)
> Lionel Sausin.
>
> Le 21/06/2013 04:40, Eric Caudal a écrit :
>
> Hi Joel,
> There is this great document based on your think tank between c2c and
> OpenERP:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTLZJNV14saRn1VeZt_wME18YizEnEHB9ZX97WSqavs/edit
>
> Is there a way to feedback our experiences and existing contributions?
>

> --
>
> Eric Caudal*CEO*
> --*Elico Corporation, Shanghai branchOpenERP Premium Certified Training Partner *
> Cell: + 86 186 2136 1670
> Office: + 86 21 6211 8017/27/37
> Skype: elico.corperic.caudal@elico-corp.comhttp://www.elico-corp.com
>
> [image: Elico Corp]