Re: [OCA] Fundraising and community certification

I think it can be a good step forward, but i think it is too soon yet.

We have some priorities now, even more persons strongly involved to see if
it is sustainable as it is.

IMHO, at least we need papers done.

But as initiative, IMHO talk about founding today is too soon (but really
good idea).

Regards.

2013/9/7 Eric Caudal <eric.caudal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Hi everybody,
> OCA (the OpenERP Community Association) is on the run and this is a good
> opportunity to give it a purpose and direction.
> First of all I think we need to think about fund raising to build a cash
> box. I am thinking of a fully voluntary fundraising system (similar to
> wikipedia for example)
>
> What would be the purpose of this raised money?
> Several could come to mind:
> - AGM organization
> - Advertisement/communication
> - General expenses from volunteers (travel, office supplies etc.)
>
> One goal though that I would like to achieve first would be the creation
> of an official OpenERP Community Module Certification process.
>
> Objective would be to certify modules with the following specifications:
> - Modules need to be available in the OpenERP community modules under AGPL
> or similar.
> - They are fully compatible with the current standard version of OpenERP
> - Coding practices are OpenERP standard, generic enough and provided with
> complete documentation and unit tests (standards to be defined).
> - They are part of a given set and are compatible with the set of modules
> (eg: extended MRP functions for OpenERP 7.0 or extended barcoding
> management in OpeneRP 7 or CMMS extension for OpenERP 7.0 etc...)
>
> Additional considerations:
> - Certification would be achieved within the OpenERP Community (process
> and expertise to be discussed) and should be renewed for every OpenERP
> version.
> - A website/communication tool/field in __openerp__.py should gather all
> certified modules so that users/company can easily know for sure which set
> of modules are compatible and working according to professional standards.
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> --
>
> Eric Caudal*CEO*
> --*Elico Corporation, Shanghai branchOpenERP Premium Certified Training Partner *
> Cell: + 86 186 2136 1670
> Office: + 86 21 6211 8017/27/37
> Skype: elico.corperic.caudal@elico-corp.comhttp://www.elico-corp.com
>
> [image: Elico Corp]