Re: Usability features branches

On 09/16/2013 03:05 PM, "Lionel Sausin, de la part de l'équipe informatique
Numérigraphe" wrote:
Le 16/09/2013 14:35, Olivier Dony a écrit :
One thing that's easily overlooked is that OpenERP is a very complex piece
of software, and the R&D team spent *a lot* of efforts during the last few
years in order to simplify it for new users.
I can imagine how much work that is and I'm grateful for that. What I'm
saying is : the community could be helping you with this, but currently we
have no way to do so. If we did peer-filtered MPs, would they be considered
by the R&D team ?

Sure, there's no policy that says that such MPs would be rejected automatically (assuming it's really a UI tweak and not a feature), but they do have a lower priority than actual bugfixes, and should be targeted to trunk :-/ Plus there's that extra "new user friendly" check to pass, in addition to the regular MP checklist.

Peer-reviewing them, then sponsoring them to the R&D team is certainly one way to fast-forward those MPs through the process.