Re: [ANN] New addon for SMS campaign

Hi,

    I would propose to:

    - To split the module in 2: marketing and sms sender
    - To adapt the sms sender to be similar to the outgoing mail server
- As the sending of sms can be more expensive, I would add the possibility to define some RULES to choose among multiple outgoing sms senders. For example: if mobile starts with +34, use spanish outgoing sms sender, etc. I have this functionality in asterisk using a combination of RegExps and Weight indicators, so the rule whose RegExp matchs the number, with the upper weight, define the gateway to be used. - I would implement, as well, incoming sms gateways that trigger actions. In my asterisk solution, I have, for example, enabled the possibility to trigger sales by incoming sms messages. It would be a fact of just triggering a server action with the incoming gateway, the date, the recipient and the message received - In the outgoing sms server, I would define a TYPE field, because, for example, we dont use http apis, we use own devices, and the treatment is very different. this type field will encapsulate the strategy pattern that will determine which aditional module or funcion will be use to send the message.

- Additionally: We use our own sms gateways (GoIP), and they need to register using port udp 4444 on a server that stores their ip and status. So a module would be needed to open that port, listen for the devices registration, register their ip and status, and offer them to the outgoing sms gateways. So an aditional module specific for these devices would be usefull as well. This would enable option to use own devices to any openerp user, very easilly. I will develop this module for myself in our OpenERP, so I could colaborate with this.

So, in short words, I could "copy" the ir.mail.server funtionality to enable sms sending and receiving

Jaime Sánchez (GrupoCITEC)