Re: Anyone playing with OpenERP CMS branch trunk-website-al ?

Fabien, Antony, thanks for taking your time to explain actual status and roadmap for this branch. As I said before, looks great!!

We will start working on oemedical, and a web front end to allow people to search for doctors and schedule appointments online, so we will be creating a website_oemedical_appointment module and will add it to current oemedical branch...

Are you working on a website calendar widget? If not, we will take it and present MP...

Regards,
-Mario

On 09/18/2013 03:46 PM, Antony Lesuisse wrote:
On 09/16/2013 10:58 PM, Mario Arias wrote:
> Could someone please provide details on what is needed to try trunk-website-al
> branch?
>
> I tried to run it as normal trunk branch, but got a "Not Found" response
> instead of the create database wizard...

The branch is available on runbot but there are still problem with the new @route() decorator, so you need to go to /admin login as admin and install the website module then go back to /

Some techinal info about what we did:

We improved the @route() system, we now use a wrapper on the werkzeug route, alsmost like flask, but with the authentication builtin.

We generalised the ir.ui.view object so that it can be used for qweb templates, the current view extension mechanism of openerp (inherit_id) work perfectly as qweb is xml-based and uses magic xml attributes.

We added an optional_inherit_id to enabled or disable view extension on demand, this feature is used in the customize menu of the edit bar.

We also implemented a branding mechanism so that when you edit something on the webpage we can trace it's origin back to the node of the ir.ui.view template and save the changes there.

Most of the templates deals with browse record we added a special attribute t-field to output the value of a field of browse record, when you use t-field if you change the content of the node it will be saved back in the field of the orm record.

We are currently developing the frontend part of some already available app in openerp:

website: a entreprise-ready website with seamless editor, this is (IMHO) a revolution in the CMS market. It's really SEAMLESS you can editing anything and it just works. It's based on the branding mecanism and on the t-fields. It also includes building blocks to allow non-design to create good-looking and consistent pages. This way of editing is used by every website module. So you can create nice product page in the e-commerce, the same way you build your homepage. We also have a source template editor (a la tumbler) for developpers and designer.

website_sale: the frontend of the sale module: e-commerce, we use the SO object as a shopping cart that allows us to support every option that the openerp SO has: all the taxes of openerp, pricelists (promotional codes), delivery... and payment acquiers we included for the portal.

website_crm: a simple contact form that create leads.

website_event: a clone of eventbrite based on the openerp event module, as event is integrated with sale, the checkout process is acutally the sale checkout process, a ticket to an event is simply a line of a SO.

website_project: a module to display projects kaban publicly, this will be used internally to publish our RD developement projects, something we promised a long time ago.

website_hr: a our team page based on hr.employee

website_mail: a blog engine based on mail group, this will probably be changed into document.page.

website_google_map: a generic component to display google map, used by the module below.

website_contract, website_crm_partner_assign, website_membership

Those 3 modules are used to display a list of partners like our https://www.openerp.com/partners/directory

this can be used to display: