Re: reorderable lines on purchase.orders, account.invoice, stock.picking

On 09/24/2013 05:05 PM, Olivier Dony wrote:
On 09/24/2013 01:38 PM, Alan Lord wrote:

https://lists.launchpad.net/openerp-community/msg01313.html

(4th Oct 2012)...

Interesting that Olivier said in his first reply to this thread that "-
line ordering propagates throughout the workflow by default"

Yup, as mentioned, that was the plan. And it does propagate from SO to Invoices, which is the part that was covered by the sale_layout/invoice_layout modules, IIRC.

For trunk/v8 we're considering the options to support titles, groups and subtotals in SOs/POs/Invoices, in a way that's cleaner and more robust than the original *_layout hacks. But as Pedro says, that's quite a different story! One option would be to add a generic "section" field on all those lines objects. A section would represent a generic group of lines, with a title and some extra flags (sequence number, subtotal needed , etc.). Then by implementing a true "group by" mechanism within one2many lists we could offer a drag'n'drop support for organizing the lists within sections, à la WYSIWYG.

[1] That's harder than it seems - it requires client-side logic/grouping because some of the lines in a o2m may be dirty or new, so the server would be unable to perform the sorting.

that's why the module one2many_sorted was created