Re: Multiple alternates parts

I'm in the same industry and need the same solution, but take a slightly different perspective.  I would call r15k5p our own part number, and manage a 1:many relationship to a manufacturer part number specified by the designer (e.g. a Panasonic part number), and another 1:many relationship to a vendor part number for purchasing (e.g. Digi-key's part number for the Panasonic part).

This is standard practise in electronics product manufacturing, but everyone else seems to only care about the purchased part number. I would much rather use or adapt an existing module, but if one isn't available I would be very interested in helping to develop one.

---
Dale
dalescott.net - Transparency with Trust