Re: Network Audit Module

I see a lot extrapolations going here. But just to clarify a few things,
the OCA branches I mentioned here to answer Markus:
https://doc.openerp.com/contribute/02_working_in_teams/#community-contributor-teams
do not work against anybody. Instead they are very much complementary to
what the OpenERP SA company does. There are the prolongation of the
extra-addons old branches into something sustainable.
There are more offensive branches around, but at least I want to make sure
there is no misunderstanding in the branches of modules I mentioned to
Markus.
I was kind of joking by using the word "resistance" to underline that this
isn't "official" stuff in these times of certification bigotry, but may be
I shouldn't have done it.

Instead of making stories, some would be welcome in helping that community
work as too few people do it today. Commercial success is cool of course,
but it doesn't necessarily translate to software solutions very
efficiently. Sometimes getting straight to the point is just as efficient
or even more as the open source model tends to prove in general.

And remember, freedom to see code and criticize it and propose better
alternatives is the the biggest asset of open source, this is the very
reason why open source usually tend to produce better quality over
competitors that may look commercially organised but fail to produce as
much quality with as little resource.

About community unity. I think people aren't blind, people who have been
here for some years see that commercial interests, commercial health,
results or even future liabilities end up generating tensions and
frustrations. If you look at the number of people in 6.1 that didn't make
it into 7.0 for instance, this isn't something that one can ignore.
Hiding things is certainly the best way of not fixing anything. So for
myself I prefer letting the sarcasms run free, this is my little
contribution to fixing things ;-) I also got my enthusiastic period as
everybody else, but mine was a few years back.

Regards and happy hacking.