Re: BIRT based reports

I've never used Pentaho Reports module, but it sure looks similar.

Basically, you deploy a BIRT server on a Java web server (I use jetty),
make available all the *.rptdesign files to the server and configure
OpenERP such that call to generate *.birt report is redirected to the BIRT
server. I could write a short post if you like to see how it works.

I like Aeroo too, but running OO in headless mode on my VPS is seem to
crash a little too often to be usable. I may have badly configured it, but
I enjoy the drag & drop, WYSIWYG type of reporting tools.

-- PH