Re: translations for 6.1 messed up

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Holger Brunn <hbrunn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In https://bugs.launchpad.net/ocb-server/+bug/1170129, I went through the
> pain
> to find out the revision from which on it went wrong, the same has yet to
> be
> done with openobject-addons.
>
> Now my question is: How did 7.0's pot-file end up in 6.1's translations in
> the
> first place (I'm by far no expert with launchpad's translation process)
> and who
> has the permissions to fix that? Or is it a limitation of launchpad not to
> handle versioned pot-files?

This is a known issue caused by a combination of the way OpenERP loads
translations and the way translations strings and comments are shared
between series on Launchpad.
See bug 933496 and specifically comment 4 for an explanation:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/933496/comments/4

If this problem occurs again with a high frequency we should make sure the
following MP is verified to be working safely and apply it - all feedback
welcome:
- original MP for 6.1:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-server/6.1-fix-po-targets-933496-vmt/+merge/130143
- 7.0 port by Lionel:
https://code.launchpad.net/~numerigraphe/openobject-server/7.0-fix-po-targets-933496-vmt/+merge/182664

If so, we'll have to stop merging translations
> automatically for 6.1, and then again, who has the permissions to do so?

> Only after one of the changes above, it will make sense to try to fix the
> translations themselves, which is important as every update of the base
> module
> is likely to screw up your translations again.

There is no need to stop the translation sync nor to fix the actual PO
files, the patch for bug 933496 should be sufficient.