translations for 6.1 messed up

Dear community,

a while ago, I noticed that 6.1 seems to use 7.0's pot-files for translations.
Take the translation for the menu item 'Scheduler' as an example. This should
be
#. module: base
#: model:ir.ui.menu,name:base.next_id_10
msgid "Scheduler"
msgstr ""
(that's what the pot-file says and what is correct)
But in the translations, it ends up being
https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-server/6.1/+pots/base/fr/469/+translate
for example (the translation is picked by its ID, not the text), change 'fr'
in the URL to your favorite language.

This is caused by the fact that in 7.0, the menu's xmlid was changed and the
'Survey' menu got next_id_10 as xmlid. We find a couple of them, as well in
openobject-server as in openobject-addons (openerp-web doesn't have this
problem as it doesn't really care about IDs in the web part)

In https://bugs.launchpad.net/ocb-server/+bug/1170129, I went through the pain
to find out the revision from which on it went wrong, the same has yet to be
done with openobject-addons.

Now my question is: How did 7.0's pot-file end up in 6.1's translations in the
first place (I'm by far no expert with launchpad's translation process) and who
has the permissions to fix that? Or is it a limitation of launchpad not to
handle versioned pot-files? If so, we'll have to stop merging translations
automatically for 6.1, and then again, who has the permissions to do so?

Only after one of the changes above, it will make sense to try to fix the
translations themselves, which is important as every update of the base module
is likely to screw up your translations again.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
Holger

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Holger Brunn - Ontwerp en implementatie