Re: The Future of the Point of Sale

Final Point from my side.

2013/10/28 Frédéric Van Der Essen <fva@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I would like to discuss with you the future of the POS module, explain
> what
> is our point of view, our priorities, but also gather feedback from you,
> and
> have a nice discussion on this subject :)

Excellent that you hear us __before__ develop.

I just want to pointing out, if documentation is not part of the
deliverable in an strong way with examples /(maybe videos) about
configurations several things pass as "POS doesn't have" and then we
duplicate efforts.

It means in plain english:

IF you say in marketing "We manage A", we should have as community a manual
explaining 2 things:

How Configure A.
How Extend (as you understand) A.

frequently Openerp develop a marketing material saying We manage A, B, C,
D, E, F and when we read the code, try to test, development done in D, E, F
is a "Hello Word", be carefully around that my friend.

LEt me give you an example:

"POS can work Offline", but in any place says "But only with this 6
models/classes" and in any place says "If you want more classes offline you
should do x, y, z" and With 6 classes is not enought to do almost anything
"Offline" and with F5(refresh) everything is lost.

I don't know if everybody understand my point but POS is a "Low cost per
unit" feature, and is not frequent be able to say a customer that the
feature published "Is not complete", make only marketing with what you
really have and document it ;-).

BTW, again "great initiative", I am anxious to see the result.

Regards.

--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales