ea_import

Dear Community,

We are pleased to announce some recent updates to our ea_import tool (see
below). ENAPPS will now be spending more time keeping our modules up to
date and responding to community feedback.  Thank you for your support,
more news and releases coming soon regarding other modules!

Please see related blog post -
http://www.enapps.co.uk/uk/openerp/ea_import-update-v7-compatible-and-more-features/

*ea_import update*

*Get it here:*

·         Github - http://github.com/enapps/ea_import

·         OpenERP Apps – https://www.openerp.com/apps/trunk/ea_import/

·         Launchpad - https://launchpad.net/enapps-csv-import-tool

*Enhancements:*

·         *OpenERP Version 7 compatible branch*

·         *FTP support* – load files from an FTP location and process via
ea_import

·         *MySQL Import compatibility*- connect to a MySQL database and
match fields returned by an SQL query to your ea_import template

·         *Match Limit feature* – if ea_import detects non-unique records
found, you can update the first record or the last record with this
setting, thus allowing the import job to continue

·         *Create Unique Only* – creates a new record only if the key does
not match.  This prevents creating duplicates.

·         *Export functionality* – now support allowing the ‘active_id’
variable to be used several times in the query if required, where the
variable is %s as active_id (form view), or active_ids (list view).

·         *many2one field option ‘Active ID’* - many2One fields can now
choose from a ‘Relation type’ of ‘Active ID’.  For example, if we are
importing stock.move records in a stock.picking record, this setting will
take the Active ID of the record in the form view.  Compatible with form
view only.

·         *Chain Link model has been removed* - this object has been
removed to make the tool a bit easier to use.  The ‘Sequence’ and
‘Post-import method’ options have been moved to the template.  This means
that you must now define/use a template only once per Import Chain.
Upgrading to the new version of ea_import will run an SQL update to
automatically re-configure your templates

·         *Bug fixes* – several bug fixes implemented, tool now more stable

Please see below for a reminder on our policy for community contributions,
and thank you for your support.

·         We publish our stable releases on github when we feel they are
ready.  Github branches are automatically updated on launchpad

·         We publish the milestones, so issues can be assigned to these and
tracked.

·         Any bugs must be reported on gihub.

·         Any improvements must be described on gihub as a new issue and we
may create milestones from them.

·         If anyone would like to contribute this must happen in the
following way:

o   Before starting contributing with your code or time, have a look on
open issues and if no one is assigned to it, then add a note that you would
like to be assigned. Ideally the request should contain the time-frame
and/or a short explanation of what you are going to do.

o   If you would like to introduce some fixes or certain features that have
not been reported, then please create a new ticket, describe the problem or
feature, and request that you would like to write the code. We will review
and allocate that ticket to you.

o   Substantial contributions will be added to the credits list.

*Colin MacMillan*
Managing Partner

[image: cid:image001.png@01CD8605.26616D10]

T: +44 (0)20 8090 9222
M: +44 78669 41155
E: colin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

W: www.enapps.co.uk

https://twitter.com/ColinMacMillan

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
contents to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Address: 88 Wood Street; 10th floor; London EC2V 7RS

Registered in England No: 07746264

Reg. VAT No. GB 124 1001 86

PNG image