Giving credits to module contributors

Hello everyone,

I would like to raise an issue regarding the subject. Depending on each of us, today we have a different way of managing contributors list.

Here are some ways I have seen so far :

    1. At the end of the description field in the module manifest
    2. In a AUTHORS.txt file at the root of the module
    3. In the header of each file of the source code

I like the first one as it allows to give those contributors visibility when reading the description within OpenERP or on Apps. Displaying a long list of contributors also gives a good information about the popularity of a module.

If everyone agrees on this, I would like to add this to the documentation. Contributors would be listed as "Firstname Lastname <email address>"

What do you think ?

Maxime Chambreuil
+1 (514) 276-5468 #126

Follow ups