Re: Point of Sale Campaign

Could you tell us what branch we could use for test the new improvements? Thanks in advance!

On 29/11/13 16:39, Antony Lesuisse wrote:
I would like to add that Federic already did some outstanding work on the pos, bug and annoyance fixes and huge optimizations:

- 100x speed improvement on rendering, by tweaking the css and the widget js (as reported by the chrome profiler) the interface is now snappy like a native app on both iOS and android devices (even low ends one). On pc 100x speed up applies too but is less visible as the cpu is usually much bigger. The pos nows runs on a separate addresse /point_of_sale/web and it doesnt load unnecessary css.

- Quick loading (and quick switching from backend to pos), we now cache the products and prices so starting the pos is instantaneous.

- iOS and android app integration, you can easily add an icon from your launcher

- bug and annoyances fixes: keyboard handler, printing and many minor issues.

He will soon start to work on the posbox device.

I was personnaly afraid that a web pos would always lag compared to native app and that would make openerp pos a second class citizen on android/ios devices (like the faceboook app compared to watsapp).

But since the work of frederic i'm totally confident about the viablity of the OpenERP pos as web application on tablets because it's now fast as hell a user wont be able to tell the difference and we benefit from all the advantage of web deployement.