Re: OpenERP and Business Intelligence

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Fabien Pinckaers <fp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I suggest not to go for pentaho, spago, saiku, or others. You should check
> the branch of Antony, we developed nearly all features of current BI
> software and it's already fully working.
>

> I think the community should better concentrate to build apps in OpenERP
> rather than trying to integrate with third party tools. Integration are
> always painful, difficult to reuse from one project to another, ...
> Developing a BI cube is just a few weeks of work (3 months for one
> developer, less than 1000 lines of code). Today, OpenERP is so advanced
> that developing a new app on OpenERP is usually easier than trying to
> integrate with others applications. It's much more powerful and it's
> maintainable over a long period of time.

Hi @Fabien: BI capabilities are a little bit hard to write, a Q: that 1000
LOC has something like agregation, browsing, OLAP, ROLAP, logical analysis,
phisical analysis, hirarchical deps, slice ? just to mention few features.
You can check http://cubes.databrewery.org/

IDK if DRY is lost here, but integration is part of make apps and systems
work together, via WS and OERP has a good stuff here.
NIH Rule is a bad option.

Have a good graphs dont means has BI capabilities, if i am wrong please
describe features.

I consider OERP could be strong in WS maker new APIs, new methods, formats,
etc and help us to write more apps w/o reinvent the wheel.

Regards,

,

We used to say internally that everything we develop that is not an OpenERP