Re: Migrate from OpenERP V7.0 Custom to OpenERP SAAS-2 Custom

Hi, Fabien,

I also agree that your migration process against community process
(OpenUpgrade and others) is and will be in a short time more efficient and
with better quality than any community process, simply by actual numbers of
people working on both solutions. But this can reverse if more people
decide to invest on community solution instead of your services. And this
can happen if enough people consider that the services are not balanced as
I do.

First of all, attach migration services to a services pack (OpenERP
enterprise) is not good for everyone. The approach of all or nothing gets
usually the nothing part from people. Why wasting this slice of business?
One answer can be that migration service costs are mixed in the total cost
of the pack, but as you are saying, you share the efforts between all your
customers. If I only want migration service, please quote me this service
with a real and adjusted price, and probably I hire these services...

Second, and derived from the first one, the criterion used for this pack,
the number of users, is not fair and asymmetric, because you can have a lot
of users working only on one area of the ERP (as most of my customers do,
with a manufacturing profile, where a lot of workers need to access the
system to enter some operational data from manufacturing area), and it gets
the same price (or even greater) than other systems that use a lot of areas
(CRM, purchase, accounting, etc). I know that you have to take one
approach, but IMHO this is not the best approach. I don't want to be
sticked to schemas similar to closed source license systems, because that
was the reason I ran off from these systems. I don't want to have a great
discount per user if I have this manufacturing process. I want the freedom
to add or remove users as I wish, and only pay for the area I'm using. This
is not so difficult to implement, because you have a closed number of
modules in the core, and you can price them (even in packs, if you want to
simplify), and the partner channel can get the same sales treatment:
discount over global numbers.

So, please think about it and why some community people doesn't buy your
services. I like to compare this with music and movies piracy: I don't want
all free, but I don't want also buy with your restricted rules.

Regards.

2014-01-31 Fabien Pinckaers <fp@xxxxxxxxxxx>