Re: [OCB] Status of tests in 7.0 (failures=2)

On 02/09/2014 12:02 PM, Stefan Rijnhart wrote:
> On 02/09/2014 11:55 AM, Bidoul, Stéphane wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:26 AM, Georges Racinet <gracinet@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:gracinet@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>>     There are currently two long broken YML tests in the whole
>>     distribution (in account_payment and in purchase_requisition). I
>>     could not find any references to them in the bug tracker, nor on
>>     the mailing-list, but I've been quick and perhaps not thorough
>>     enough.
>>
>>     I have checked that these don't occur with the upstream, OpenERP
>>     official distribution.
>>
>>     Is anyone already working on fixing them ? Shall I file new bugs
>>     about them ? I can commit myself to solving them. Technically, it
>>     does not seem scary, but I'm a bit wary of the expected
>>     functional outcome.
>>

>> If that can help, a while ago, I spent some time tracking the origin
>> of the failed tests in http://pad.openerp.com/p/ocb-status.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll file bugs for the two failures,
cross-reference them in the pad and use them to give feedback on
investigations.
> Thanks Georges for bringing this up again. I got a password popup when
> I tried to access your link,

aww yes sorry, I always forget to switch back to plain http for
anonymous access.
For the record, that was
http://buildbot.anybox.fr/builders/ocb-7.0-postgresql-9.2/builds/230/steps/testing/logs/stdio.
The kind of flexibility this installation provides is almost orthogonal
to the runbot's. Of course it's redundant to reproduce the runbot's
sticky branches on the same PostgreSQL versions (do you happen to know
btw the runbot's PG version ?)
> but the same errors can be inspected at http://runbot.openerp.com/ocb.html
I was about to ask, but not finding any match for 'OCB' on the (main)
runbot page let me think the OCB runbot was still in project :-)

So, I suppose that in future, merge requests will be tested by the
runbot prior to acceptation. Is there a stated policy that no red build
shall be merged ? I'm asking because that's basically what happened with
purchase_requisition.
> They are actually the known issues that are already in the pad, so it
> would be great if we could get them fixed anytime soon.
Well, for me to let our team use OCB for small projects, where the
custom code's own coverage is not very relevant to the whole application
quality, that's a prerequisite.

Cheers,

--
Georges Racinet