Re: [Merge] lp:~gdgellatly/openerp-product-attributes/partner-pricelist-7 into lp:openerp-product-attributes

Hi Graeme,

thank you for your replay. My suggestion was only that we think about this topic and what was our solution.

You are right that we can only see information about a product one by one. So it can be helpfull to have a full list. Okay you can export a complete pricelist as pdf. So the goal is to have a interactive list.

Here is the point thinking about this solution i don't like. I try to explain.

Adding partner_id to the product is bad, becouse it adds context to the product. In my understanding of good programming a basic modle like product.product should be context free. So i suggest instead of having a extension of product.product it would be better to add a reporting model (which inherits from product.product) and than you can add the context there like partner.
This has also a second benefied. As you see in practice customer specific price changes on time. And you will have soon the problem that you want to know, what was the price last year, or what will be the price next year. That it is easyer to extend a reporting model instead adding this context to the product.product model.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gdgellatly/openerp-product-attributes/partner-pricelist-7/+merge/202985
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:openerp-product-attributes.