Re: OpenERP Marketing

Here my comments:

1. Please do not change the name. It has started to be well known. The name already changed from "tiny erp" to "Openerp". Now the marketing efforts after a name change will be huge. (Went through this with SAP. It was terrible)
2. Open source is not important for small enterprises, but for middle sized companies, it is really a game changer.
3. Clarify the role and position of the partners. It is unclear for new customers as is the pricing for support, hosting, etc.
4. The fact that support is done by sending e-mails is not great. There is no clear follow-up possible for users => user experience is not great => bad publicity.
5. Do not compare to SAP. OpenERP is far from what SAP can do. And this is good so. SME do not need SAP, it is far too inflexible for most of them, far too complex and costly to implement and maintain, even without calculating the licence costs.
6. The biggest asset of OpenERP is the full integration (web site builder, e-shop, ERP). I would like that to appear everywhere. It is a game changer for SME as they do not need to have multiple systems that are communicating through complex interfaces.
7. Open source is not the customer value. The customer value is the access to source code in order to enhance the system. SME can be quite complex and they are often offered systems for which they do not have access to the code to do the changes required. Therefore, OpenERP is very interesting.
8. Top 3 values: affordable, easy to use, flexible
9. Sponsors: end-users, with a good mix of  small and medium companies. A very good example is Evernote.
10. Now that the kernel is there, the verticals should be promoted.
11. Communication/marketing channels:
	1. Youtube should be part of it.
	2. Translate the website: small companies are very reluctant to work in other languages. Impossible to touch them by explaining that the webpage is in english only, but the product is in 30 languages.
	3. User Documentation is also missing in foreign languages
	4. End-users do not really want to have anything to do with the launchpad mailing lists, so it is mostly relevant for developers.

The best publicity is a great product with great services. Still some efforts to do on the services.

Eva P.