Re: OpenERP Marketing

Carlos.... +1 to everything you are explaining in a so clear way.
About:

*The services you offer to partners are somewhat rigid in some cases. I
would love to sell an Enterprise contract with every OpenERP
implementation. But this is not possible. The OPW is not made for
end-users, us partners we have to take part in the process.*
Just an example:
As partner wanting to pivote or at less make compatible my actual bussiness
model with this new app aproach, asked to OpenERP sales people about
possibility of taking 10 users on Saas in advance for reselling but, using
them on several customers (lets say 5 different customers single user and 1
single customer with 5 users for example)  that would be 6 different DBs...
They say in that case, I would not benefit any discount of final price but
if I sell 10 users to a single customer I benefit 50% of final price. It
has nosense I think. One 10 users customer is not going to take a SAAS
aproach or at less it would be very difficult to sell.
On the other side, I say... ok so I give you the single user customer and
you invoice yourself to him... Answer: could be, but in that case that
customer is not count as part of your partnership level, better if you
invoice to him. So, you are asking to me to take care of a customer that
I'm not taking any benefit or trying to sell more users that they need
(complex both cases... ) so yourself are cutting our wings to fly and yours
to grow up.

That's only an example (I could give you 3-4 more) where you are NOT
considering your partners channel as your customers. If people wants to
make bussiness with you, you can not close the door. Whatever they are
offering you should at less consider it for opening new win-win ways. Even
if at the end you decide not to go that direction because is not strategic,
valuable for you, at less you should consider all proposals. You always say
that we must benefit of bussiness you are offering to partners but it's not
like that. Partners should give you benefit without having to force them to
sale or something, simply because you are offering so good services that
they are wanting to buy them to you. By now, services offered to partners
is only discounts on services offered to final customers. That aproach is
wrong, because final customers are much more close to partner than to you
(unless he is your own final customer). It's much more easy for partners
selling their own services to final customers thant trying to sell yours
only for discounts and small amounts of not visible valuable services (even
if they are valuable, don't misunderstand please).

I have discused this point with Nhomar several times. He can not understand
that we and most of partners I know can not sell OPW to customers. I'm
trying from begining. I never succed. Why? Maybe because I don't know
selling it (could be so training needed) or because customer consider your
company far-far away... He only wants system working and for him we are
first point of solution. They understand nothing about launchpad or
reporting bugs or creating patches and for sure they don't mind if bug is
from core or localization or custom module. He needs global support and it
can not be offered (by the moment) directly from you. For them, it doesn't
matter where is or who is OpenERP, S.A they only want a phone number (my
number) to call and solve the problem (inmediatly)
So... IMHO it's needed reviewing the way OpenERP is offering his services
to partner thinking on partner. Not in final customers and discounts for
their services.

Things that I'm ready to pay for without thinking very much on it:

   - Technical training renewal from version to version
   - Good technical doc for each new version.
   - Good reference site
   - Videos and good training material.
   - Specific industries cases of use / success
   - Modelizing different industries sectors using OpenERP standar modules
   without using custom modules.
   - Shared nice real solutions.
   - Good qualified leads. I said qualified... :)

I say again. It's not wanting to fight. It's just telling you several
things that we are missing from begining.

Thank you very much:
Ana

2014-02-17 Carlos Vásquez <carlos.vasquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> [...]
> some official code and there is an OPW contract we can send it to your
> team. In most cases, your team needs several replies from us. They usually
> do not do a very good job finding the problem, we have to do some heavy
> testing for them as they keep rejecting the issue of proposing some
> simplistic workaround. For important bugs, we end up spending more than 2
> hours answering mails and doing remote desktop demo sessions. At the end we
> have to integrate and deploy the solution. I explain all of this because we
> have to charge several hours to our customers on top of an Enterprise
> contract. And we also need to support the localization and customizations.
> The total cost of support gets expensive. Of course your contract also
> includes migration. But if we want to use this service, we also need to
> charge some extra fee to migrate the localization and customizations. This
> is the main reason we do not sell Enterprise contracts very often, and the
> ones we have sold, are not renewing.
>
> For partners which do develop and do heavy customization, I find the
> Enterprise service and its pricing method very rigid. I am worried because
> we could work much better with your team and get you to earn more money,
> which is good for all of us. And for our new "SaaS" offer, I contacted you
> guys to work out something to include support from your team in our cost
> structure, but the only thing you have to offer is the regular Enterprise
> support with the usual "per user" pricing method. This will at least
> duplicate our cost for each user. This is not acceptable, nor is reflecting
> the reality. You know that in this kind of service, the amount of support
> is deluded because everyone is using the same exact code base. So we
> decided to go on our own, without your support. We ran some numbers, and we
> think it will be cheaper to support the platform ourselves, even with the
> migration process.
>
> So as of now, I do not think you have good service offer for us. The
> pricing structure do not work outside Europe of North America. I know and
> appreciate you are making efforts to adapt your prices. It has been a very
> good first step. But it is not enough. You have to differentiate
> configuration only partners, from development ones. We are more than open
> and willing to work with you. So, even if you make a great marketing
> strategy, the pull strategy you propose will not work very well in our
> particular case. I think it is the best way to go, we need to improve who
> does generating partners revenue will create revenue for OpenERP S.A.
>

> *Recap*
>
> All of this said. I do appreciate your efforts to involve the community,
> and do think that there are great things we (the partners) can do with you
> (OpenERP S.A.). A marketing investment in marketing will benefit us. And I
> do trust your judgment to integrate internal ideas with community
> suggestions into an excellent marketing strategy.

CEO Avanzosc, S.L <http://www.avanzosc.es> : Office phone / Tfono oficina:
(+34) 943 02 69 02
Ana Juaristi Olalde <http://www.anajuaristi.com/>: Personal phone: 677 93
42 59. User/usuario skype: Avanzosc
www.openerpsite.com

*El contenido de esta comunicación y de toda su documentación anexa es
confidencial y se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. El uso no
autorizado de esta información está prohibido por la legislación vigente.
Si usted no es el destinatario le rogamos nos lo indique, no comunique su
contenido a terceros y proceda a su destrucción. Disculpe las molestias que
le haya ocasionado la recepción indebida de este e-mail. Sus datos figuran
en un fichero cuyo titular es Avanzosc, S.L., a quien usted puede dirigirse
para ejercer sus derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición
en Julio Urkijo, 32, 20720, Azkoitia (Gipuzkoa), Tef. 943 02 69 02 -
administracion@xxxxxxxxxxxx <soporte@xxxxxxxxxxxx> *

*Komunikazio honen edukia eta dokumentazio erantsia konfidentziala da eta
hartzaileak bakarrik jaso beharko luke. Indarrean dagoen legeriak debekatu
egiten du bertan eskainitako informazioa baimenik gabe erabiltzea.
Komunikazioa zuri iritsi bazaizu, baina zu ez bazara hartzailea, mesedez,
guri jakinarazi, eta jasotako informazioa ez inori jakinarazi eta suntsitu.
Barkatu okerreko email hau jasotzeak eragindako eragozpenak. Zure datuak
Avanzosc, S.L. enpresaren fitxategietan sartuta daude. Zure datuak atzitzea
eska dezakezu, bai eta, datuak zuzentzea, ezereztea eta tratamenduari aurka
egitea ere. Horretarako, enpresara jo dezakezu, helbide honetan: Julio
Urkijo, 32, 20720, Azkoitia (Gipuzkoa), telefonoa: 943 02 69 02 -
**administracion@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<soporte@xxxxxxxxxxxx> *
*This message and all documents attached to it are confidential and
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any use of
this information by unauthorised persons is prohibited under current
legislation. If you received this message by error, please advise us,
destroy it and refrain from communicating its contents to third parties. We
apologise for any inconvenience receiving this email improperly may cause
to you. Your personal data are included in a file owned by Avanzosc, S.L.
If you want to exercise your rights of access, correction, erasure and
objection you can contact the Controller at Julio Urkijo, 32, 20720,
Azkoitia (Gipuzkoa), T: 943 02 69 02 - administracion@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<soporte@xxxxxxxxxxxx>*