Re: report_webkit future

Yes i forgot to mention that the new report module natively support excel reports (or anything else, png, svg, odt...).

For an excel report you should define a controller that output the file. For excel 97 you may use xlwt, for excel 2007 and above you could use qweb with the bloated office xml format xlsx.

@http.route('/mymodule/report/mymodel_excel97_report1/<str:ids>', type='http', auth="user")
def export_xls(self,ids):
    workbook = xlwt.Workbook()
    (...)
response = request.make_response(None, headers=[('Content-Type', 'application/vnd.ms-excel'), ('Content-Disposition', 'attachment; filename=table.xls;')])
   workbook.save(response.stream)
   return response

Then you define a 'qweb-pdf' report (yes we need to rename this into 'controller').

We will add an example in the report module.