Re: report_webkit future

Yep, a lot of improvements have been made on that side. You can check the
log here https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf/releases/tag/0.12.0.

Speaking of the internal report engine: one should not care about the
internal API and machinery as long as is flexible and pluggable.

You should be able to register your own templating engine that takes in
context/objects data and spits out HTML. That's it.

Internal report system should only care about giving you hooks and api for
managing actions and settings. By default the report machinery should call
the default QWeb component for generating HTML. The you can say "use my XXX
engine to produce HTML", and that's it.

No migration needed for older reports. Just some adjustments into report
modules (webkit, aeroo, whatever).

That's component architecture, baby! :)

Cheers,
S.