Re: report_webkit future

and +1000 here!!

Il 19/02/2014 13:39, Dave Burkholder ha scritto:
+1,000

On 2/19/2014 6:54 AM, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero wrote:
Hi, Antony, ¡excellent news! Why don't you develop this option directly in the core and give people the possibility to select output format on report definition the same as Aeroo does?

About my question of the other mail, do you plan to improve report engine with community feedback?

Regards.

    Yes i forgot to mention that the new report module natively
    support excel reports (or anything else, png, svg, odt...).

    For an excel report you should define a controller that output
    the file. For excel 97 you may use xlwt, for excel 2007 and above
    you could use qweb with the bloated office xml format xlsx.

    @http.route('/mymodule/report/mymodel_excel97_report1/<str:ids>',
    type='http', auth="user")
    def export_xls(self,ids):
        workbook = xlwt.Workbook()
        (...)
       response = request.make_response(None,
    headers=[('Content-Type', 'application/vnd.ms-excel'),
    ('Content-Disposition', 'attachment; filename=table.xls;')])
       workbook.save(response.stream)
       return response

    Then you define a 'qweb-pdf' report (yes we need to rename this
    into 'controller').

    We will add an example in the report module.