Re: [anybox.buildbot.openerp] should bootstrap.py be run with python -S?

On 22/02/2014 12:04, Georges Racinet wrote:
> On 02/22/2014 08:54 AM, Michael Telahun Makonnen wrote:
>> Hi Alexandre,
>>
>> I didn't know about python -S. Thanks for sharing that.
>
> Yes, we didn't think of it either.
> We've been using virtualenvs without setuptools for that same purpose,
> and explained it here in the buildout recipe documentation :
> http://pythonhosted.org/anybox.recipe.openerp/first_steps.html#bootstrapping-the-buildout
>

> In the buildbot configurator, you can use such a virtualenv with the
>
>     bootstrap-virtualenv = true
>
> option in MANIFEST.cfg (that virtualenv path is currently hard-coded to
> $HOME/openerp-env

However this raises a couple of bootstrapping issues  : if I have a
virtualenv without setuptools, how am I supposed to install buildbot
slave inside it. Or do you mean one virtualenv for the buildbot slave
(with setuptools) and another one for the buildbot environment?

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet

Camptocamp France SAS