Re: About OpenERP Enterprise contract value...

> Things that could work but I would like to avoid:
>   - don't release bugfixes publicly (only for customers)
>   - don't release new developments (an open core strategy), e.g. we
> invest to clean accounting and we charge for these modules in v8.
>   - skip the partner and sell directly (at least for bad partners)
>   - stop partnership with partners that don't generate revenues but
> costs us money

This points are the correct point to discuss, because a lot of people don't
understand that push in the wrong direction (stoping or even don't include
OpenERP services in them contracts) is push to these "Must Avoid points",
every single analysis with the Normal Commercial Points of view brings to
these conclusions, and in the "OpenERP World" it can bring more problems
than solutions, even to the best ones.

I prefer help to understand the people the value of the offer before
encourage people to avoid some costs that the customer "MUST" pay.

I remark the "must" because a lot of people want to avoid this costs for
one reason or another and at the end of the day it is more dangerous than
beneficial, and the customer WILL pay it in one way or another at the end
of the day, Why not be more transparent with them?.

In our side numbers are not as good as you point "yet" but I must accept i
made some mistakes too in the past!, it should help a lot some strategy
documentation to everybody to follow a better explained roadmap.

One of things you should try to do is "Coach" partners in the usage
efficiently of the Enterprise (and all services), it can bring a real good
value to your offer, and avoid misunderstood in the middle, even old
partners that are in ready stage yet, is so probable is because they don't
understand the model and/or the added value and how efficiently use it.

Another thing is the "God Father approach" which means, may be these 30% of
partners can find a clear and transparent way to help the other 30% of
partners to make money (it is just an Idea).

Even the bigger ones will have big issues sometimes, because the perception
must be pointed to build "Long term relations with end-users" THROUGH a
"Long term relation with partners", this message must to be clear and
absolutely obvious for everybody to avoid misunderstood in the middle.

I will make more comments around other points by point to don't mix
arguments.

+1 Fabien kudos for your email
--
--------------------