Re: About description and manual files for OCAmodules

On 2014-03-06 03:10, Daniel Reis wrote:

> - The Documentation should be installed in modules, so that we can meet
> #2. (Jeff, I think this rules out the external wiki solution).
> - The Documentation should use the current OpenERP translations system
> - The Documentation should be able to use inheritance, much like what
> happens with views.
>

> Right now I can see a couple of implementation strategies to meet these
> requirements.
> But It would be nice to see other opinions on this approach first.

The existing wiki (plus wiki_object) module will work, I think, with
modifications.
The basic page should be generated from ReST in the code on
install/update and placed in the wiki. The user's changes could be
stored as a separate overlay. A stack of overlays (patches?) would
provide inheritance. The tricky bit would be dealing with updates to the
lower pages in a stack. Maybe only allowing user additions, no
replacements, would be acceptable.

I was thinking that hooking into the process module would be helpful for
ISO9001 but it seems it has been removed in trunk. Can anyone shed any
light on that?

Martin