Re: About description and manual files for OCAmodules

I think Jeff's point was for users to be able to access contextual help
from the screen they are currently at.
  It's a feature on any decent ERP that is missing from ERP. It is
particularly valuable for functional experts, that depend on this to
figure out the impact of configuration decisions (in closed source you
can't ask a technical expert to look into the code ;-)

  But it's also interesting for this documentation system to be able to
support customer-specific processes documentation.
  Part of their service Integrator could provide customers online
contextual documentation on their specific processes.
  In the light of a Management System (such as ISO9001), it could even
mean support the system's documentation, accessible in context with user's
actions.

  I would say such a contextual documentation system would have to meet
these requirements:

  1) A User should be able to access a documentation page specific for the
screen he is at.
  2) The Documentation should reflect the modules / features actually
installed / available in the system.
  3) The Documentation should be translatable.
  4) The Documentation should easily editable by non-technical users.

  Making an imagination exercise, picture yourself at the Partners form.
  - You should press "F1" or click on a [?] button and a documentation
page on Partners would pop-up.
  - It would feature an initial generic text (probably from the standard
module) and a list with all fields with a detailed explanation for each
one.
  - Also each button would be listed accompanied with an explanation.
  - Additional sections would also be there to detail specific features,
such as those added by additional modules installed.

  From the above, I derive that:
  - The Documentation should be installed in modules, so that we can meet
#2. (Jeff, I think this rules out the external wiki solution).
  - The Documentation should use the current OpenERP translations system
  - The Documentation should be able to use inheritance, much like what
happens with views.

  Right now I can see a couple of implementation strategies to meet these
requirements.
  But It would be nice to see other opinions on this approach first.

   Regards
   /DR