Re: OpenERP web and v8 Website Builder

On 03/06/2014 02:53 PM, Alejandro Santana wrote:
I wonder if the new Website Builder can comply with European Union cookies
policy. I mean, the mandatory warn banner/message/whatever to inform the user
about cookie usage.
Will OpenERP Website Builder support that?

Well, nothing in the Website Builder prevents it. Even if that option is not built-in, this kind of customization is trivial to do manually when you design your own website with with the Website Builder.

We might include an option in the default layout (if someone cares enough to contribute a patch for this), but it is definitely not a priority.

I also see that openerp.com <http://openerp.com> seems to not comply with that
policy as cookies are used and no message is shown anywhere.

Compliance with the EU directive has very different interpretations in each EU country[1], hardly surprising given its nature and very limited usefulness[2]. In practice most websites would be safe until further notice if they carried a small note in the footer mentioning the use of cookies. And it looks like this will all be long forgotten in a few years. Who knows, we might even speed up the process by talking about it as little as possible?

[1] http://cookiepedia.co.uk/cookie-laws-across-europe
[2] A blog has been tracking Cookie Law enforcement in the UK for years, check out the results: http://idea15.wordpress.com/category/eu-cookie-law/
Or for a funnier look at this drama: http://bit.ly/1l8hDqE