Re: About OpenERP Enterprise contract value...

Hi,

I'm CEO of Mentis d.o.o , which is OpenERP partner for two years now.
We are the only partner in Slovenia and according to Fabien definition , we are one of those 'bad' partners. Fabien wrote that all revenue for OpenERP is from 30% of partners , but what is more important is that IMHO 99 % of revenue comes from just few countries.

Here is number of partners in Europe countries:

France            51
Belgium            43
Spain            18
Germany            16
Switzerland    12
Italy            10
Romania             6
Portugal     5
Austria             4
Finland             4
Croatia             3
Luxemburg     3
Norway             3
Poland             3
Greece             2
Hungary             2
Ireland             2
Albania             1
Bosnia-H.      1
Cyprus             1
Denmark             1
Estonia             1
Iceland             1
Lithuania     1
Monaco             1
Russian Fed.     1
Slovenia     1
Sweden             1
Turkey             1

All others (21) countries 0 !

I believe that almost all 'good' partners are coming from first few countries. Entering in new market (country) with such a complex product , as every serious ERP is, is a big project. Translation , localisation , marketing , some first implementation for references ; it takes a lot of work and time. And only if somebody is prepare to do that in a new country , market is ready for partners or OpenERP to sell Enterprise contracts or SAS.

I put 4 people full time on the OpenERP project for last 2 years . We done 90% of translation ,contributed official localization(l10_si), developed about +50 modules (https://launchpad.net/openerpsl) which about 50% are for localisation and implemented first projects ( with huge effort (localisation problems) and the price that didn’t cover our expenses). And now we are 'bad' partner , because we don't sell SAS or Enterprise. There is nothing to sell here for OpenERP or any Partner without good and well maintained and supported localisation.

I won't go in details with problems we are dealing with entering new market (i mostly agree with what Raphaël Valyi and António Sequeira wrote in this thread ) , but I strongly believe that OpenERP need some local partner in every country (localization , bug fixes for localization , local support ) and I don't think they can do that by themselves for all countries. As a Partner we didn’t get lot off help from OpenERP in our efforts (our account manager at OpenERP even starts sending Leeds from Slovenia to Austrian partner which is real joke!) , but we we would like to stay OpenERP partner , because we believe than OpenERP is a great platform and product with bright future and we respect what OpenERP s.a. is giving to the community. We hope OpenERP s.a. will realize that they need much more flexible partnership and pricing model if they want to enter to majority of countries where OpenERP has just a lot of downloads and
maybe some optimistic ready partners.

I hope we will persisted and succeeded in make OpenERP a successful product in Slovenian market and than we or some body else can sell contracts or SAS.

Until than:
Best regards from 'bad guys ' !

Dusan Laznik

Mentis d.o.o