Buildbot configurator

Hi everyone,

there's been much more interest about the buildbot configurator that we
wrote (anybox.buildbot.openerp) during the past few weeks that there has
been since its inception, and I'm, needless to say, very glad about
that, thank you all for the interest.

To all contributors : please be patient, I have many subjects to attend
to, trying to catch up !

That being said, the project is in need of serious cleanup, that's been
overlooked precisely because interest outside of anybox was very low.
Don't be scared, by the list below, it works everyday for us and
provides continuous testing and clean releases for all our customer
projects.

- there hasn't been a single release on PyPI since 0.8.1, which is more
than a year old ! This means that most of the features that are used
everyday at Anybox are out of the scope of newcomers. For instance, the
modularity provided by the so-called 'subfactories' itself is unreleased.

- the documentation needs the same kind of overhaul that's been done for
the buildout recipe. IIRC the manifest file format is documented only by
comments in the sample one.

- some deprecated Buildbot idioms (notably WithProperties) need to be
replaced by their modern counterparts.

- test coverage could be improved.

For all these reasons, I'm planning a release of a 1.0 in April,
including a Sphinx refactor of the doc. If people feel more comfortable
with fixing what's available now in its current state and call it the
long awaited 0.9, that's easily done.

Further down the road, I'd be extremely happy to start looking towards
what the brand new Buildbot (codenamed nine) has to offer.

Regards,

PS: the name can be discussed, using the anybox.* namespace is merely an
easy way to be sure not to step on someone toes.
In the case of buildot, there's an old project on launchpad which I
believe to be an early attempt by OpenERP to achieve what they did later
with runbot (and indeed that's a quite different goal)

--
Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr