Re: Questions about improve usability of partner base_location on NUTS Standard

Il 23/03/2014 19:21, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero ha scritto:
Hi, Franco,

Thanks for your initative. Maybe in a practical way, NUTS is not very interesting (too many intermediate classifications), but I think it deserves to see if we can take advantage of something of this standarization, and adapt conveniently /base_location/. I'm one of the original developers that brings /base_location/ to v7, so I'm very familiar with it.

Please tell me when you make any future step to collaborate in it.

Regards.

Hi Pedro,
you are right: NUTS has too intermediate classification but ...
some of this are used in addresses and ...
all addresses over the world use part of NUTS even if NUTS is just European classification. In example, USA uses this -> address / city (state) <- that is something like NUTS I proposed gather data from teams of all countries in order to compare how NUTS are used in all countries. I would and could prepare a simple form to compile and then we can, all togheter, decide what we want to do.

Antonio Maria Vigliotti

    Hi,

    in the italian community, we are talking about various EU standards.

    Starting from general categorization now we are analizing the NUTS
    Standards.

    Related doc:
    http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/portal/page/portal/nuts_nomenclature/introduction
    http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/regional_policy/management/g24218_en.htm

    What do you think about make a blueprint for the upcoming 8
    release of that module to define a real standard for the EU community?

    Regards

    Franco Tampieri
    System Engineer
    >_
    abstract.it <http://abstract.it> - +39 06 9294 6938
    Registro Imprese di Napoli 788429 / Cap. Soc. 10.000 Euro I.V.
    Avvertenze Legali -- D. Lgs. 196/03 Tutela dei dati personali. Le
    informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e in ogni eventuale
    allegato sono riservate e ne è vietata ogni forma di diffusione.
    Se avete ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, Vi preghiamo di
    informare immediatamente il mittente del messaggio e di eliminare
    l'e-mail.