Use POS to sell consumable products with different serial number

Hi community,

How should I sell a product of different batches and serial numbers using
OpenERP POS? When I enable "Track Outgoing Lots", the POS session cannot be
closed, and the following error is found in the console: "Error occurred
while validating the field(s) prodlot_id: You must assign a serial number
for this product."

In food or other consumable industries, it is common to have multiple
batches (different serial number) of the same product with different serial
numbers. So I should be able to sell the product either:
1. FIFO
2. LIFO
3. in any order I want

Or did I miss out some configurations here?

Thanks in advance.

-- PH