50 customers, 20 suppliers w/ 20 products each, i'm the middleman

I got 50 customers that order from 20 suppliers with 20 products each and I'm the middleman. What modules should I use to set this up?

I'd like to keep track of my payments to the suppliers and from the customers. The orders will happen weekly. I'd like to send an email to each supplier with the amount of items I need to order after I get the total of items I'll need from each customer.

I can use OpenERP 7 or 8, which ever is best for my example.

I'm just beginning to learn with OpenERP and I figure this is a do-able example for me.

thank you,
Andy